Good quality cycle parking reduces the likelihood of bikes being stolen or damaged. The good news is that several schemes supply free cycle parking for businesses, shops, offices, cafés, pubs, churches and other organisations in selected areas across the UK.
The bike stands are free of charge from ParkThatBike, but you are responsible for installing them on your own property.
This initiative is supported by various local councils across the UK. At the time of writing:
- Bedfordshire (Bedford, Flitwick, Ampthill, Harlington, Luton, Dunstable and Houghton Regis only)
- County Durham
- Lincolnshire (Grantham and Sleaford only)
- South Essex (Basildon, Castle Point and Rochford)
- West Midlands (Birmingham, Coventry, Dudley, Sandwell, Solihull, Walsall and Wolverhampton)
Apply for your free bike parking at ParkThatBike.
Life Cycle UK
“Life Cycle UK works with Local Authorities to provide access to free high-quality cycle stands, particularly targeting small organisations who otherwise can’t afford cycle parking. We supply and deliver stands free of charge, the recipient must simply install them within 3 months at an accessible location off the public highway.”
Again, the scheme only applies in certain areas. At the time of writing:
- Bath & NE Somerset
- Herefordshire (free installation included)
Apply at Life Cycle UK.
Live somewhere that isn’t listed?
There may be other schemes too – why not search on your local council website, or contact them to find out?
Know of other free bike parking initiatives? Let us know.